Wednesday 12 August 2015

Getting Berried Away

During last weeks dyeing marathon, I got very carried away with the home made colours and decided to berry dye a piece of fabric I had laid out ready for the coffee treatment.


The harvest is already done, but there are still some late fruit and low hanging bits that I was able to scrounge out of the garden. First, blackcurrants:


Then a few Loganberries:


A number of Raspberries:


 And a whole bunch of Redcurrants:


After picking a good two handfuls of fruit, I folded them into the fabric....


and SQUASHED!


I squashed and squashed until my hands were also stained pink and purple. I liked how there were different colour variations all the way through from the different berries.


After baking, it turned out a pretty graduated pink!


With my other dyed pieces, ready to be made into something....

No comments:

Post a Comment